On Tuesday, the Arizona Diamondbacks (31-23) are hosting the Colorado Rockies (24-31), at 9:40 PM ET, in the second game of a four-game set.
The favored Diamondbacks (-235 on the moneyline to win) take the field at home against the Rockies (+195). The Diamondbacks will start Zac Gallen (6-2) versus the Rockies and Kyle Freeland (4-5).
Ryne Nelson (5.0 IP, 5 R, 8 H, 1 K) registered the win in the Diamondbacks’ 7-5 victory over the Rockies yesterday. Pavin Smith led the way offensively, going 1-for-3 with a home run and three RBI. Karl Kauffmann (4.0 IP, 7 R, 9 H, 1 K) was handed the loss for the Rockies.
To prepare for the Diamondbacks vs. Rockies matchup, here’s what you need to get ready for Tuesday’s baseball action, including viewing options.
Arizona Diamondbacks vs. Colorado Rockies Odds and Betting Lines
Major League Baseball odds courtesy of Tipico Sportsbook. Odds updated Monday at 9:17 PM ET. For a full list of sports betting odds, access USA TODAY Sports Betting Scores Odds Hub.
- Favorite: Diamondbacks (-235, bet $235 to win $100)
- Underdog: Rockies (+195, bet $100 to win $195)
- Over/under: 8
Catch the excitement and bet with Tipico!
Double Down, Ohio! Deposit $200, Get $250. Bet now! In Colorado and New Jersey, claim your 100% Deposit Match up to $250 now! 21+, see Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions.
Diamondbacks Stats and Trends
Diamondbacks Betting Records
- This season, the Diamondbacks have been favored 22 times and won 14, or 63.6%, of those games.
- Arizona has played as favorites of -235 or more once this season and won that game.
- The bookmakers’ moneyline implies a 70.1% chance of a victory for the Diamondbacks.
- Arizona and its opponents have hit the over in 27 of its 54 games with a total this season.
- The Diamondbacks are 32-22-0 against the spread in their 54 chances this season.
Zac Gallen (Diamondbacks Probable Starter)
- Gallen makes the start for the Diamondbacks, his 12th of the season. He is 6-2 with a 2.97 ERA and 75 strikeouts in 66 2/3 innings pitched.
- The righty’s last appearance was on Wednesday against the Philadelphia Phillies, when he threw 5 2/3 innings, surrendering two earned runs while allowing five hits.
- The 27-year-old has an ERA of 2.97, with 10.1 strikeouts per nine innings, in 11 games this season. Opponents have a .217 batting average against him.
- Gallen heads into this outing with six quality starts under his belt this season.
- Gallen has pitched five or more innings in a game nine times this season heading into this game.
- He meets a Rockies offense that ranks 11th in the league with 255 runs while batting .263 as a squad. It has a collective .411 slugging percentage (15th in MLB play) and has hit a total of 46 home runs (26th in MLB).
- The 27-year-old’s 2.97 ERA ranks 15th, 1.020 WHIP ranks 11th, and 10.1 K/9 ranks 19th among qualifying pitchers this season.
Diamondbacks Batting Stats
- The Diamondbacks have hit 61 homers this season, which ranks 16th in the league.
- Hitters for Arizona rank fifth in the majors with a combined .434 team slugging percentage.
- The Diamondbacks’ .263 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking fifth in MLB.
- Arizona has scored 271 runs this season, which ranks sixth in MLB.
- The Diamondbacks have an OBP of .325 this season, which ranks 13th in MLB.
- Arizona ranks fourth in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 7.6 whiffs per contest.
Rockies Stats and Trends
Rockies Betting Records
- The Rockies have been underdogs in 46 games this season and have come away with the win 21 times (45.7%) in those contests.
- This season, Colorado has been a moneyline underdog of -235 or longer six times, losing every contest.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Rockies have a 33.9% chance of walking away with the win.
- Contests with Colorado has gone over the total set by oddsmakers in 25 of 55 chances this season.
- In 55 games with a line this season, the Rockies have a mark of 26-29-0 against the spread.
Kyle Freeland (Rockies Probable Starter)
- The Rockies will send Freeland (4-5) to the mound for his 12th start of the season. He is 4-5 with a 3.86 ERA and 42 strikeouts over 58 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his last time out on Thursday against the Miami Marlins, the left-hander tossed five innings, giving up two earned runs while surrendering seven hits.
- Over 11 games this season, the 30-year-old has a 3.86 ERA and 6.5 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of .270 to opposing batters.
- Freeland has six quality starts under his belt this season.
- Freeland has put up nine starts this campaign where he pitched five or more innings.
- The opposing Diamondbacks offense has a collective .263 batting average, and is sixth in the league with 482 total hits and sixth in MLB play with 271 runs scored. They have the fifth-ranked slugging percentage (.434) and are 16th in all of MLB with 61 home runs.
- Head-to-head against the Diamondbacks this season, Freeland has thrown six innings, giving up three earned runs on five hits while striking out three.
- Among qualifying pitchers in MLB action this season, the 30-year-old’s 3.86 ERA ranks 42nd, 1.286 WHIP ranks 45th, and 6.5 K/9 ranks 61st.
Rockies Batting Stats
- The Rockies are fifth-worst in MLB play with 46 home runs.
- So far this season, Colorado is 15th in the majors, slugging .411.
- The Rockies rank fifth in MLB with a .263 batting average.
- The offense for Colorado is the No. 11 offense in the majors, scoring 4.6 runs per game (255 total runs).
- The Rockies are 15th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .323.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Diamondbacks vs. Rockies: Live Streaming Info & Game Time
- Game Day: Tuesday, May 30, 2023
- Game Time: 9:40 PM ET
- Stadium: Chase Field
- TV Channel: MLB.tv
- Live Stream: Fubo (Watch for free)
Gannett may earn revenue from sports betting operators for audience referrals to betting services. Sports betting operators have no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See operator site for Terms and Conditions. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, help is available. Call the National Council on Problem Gambling 24/7 at 1-800-GAMBLER. Must be 21 or older to gamble.