The Baltimore Orioles (94-56) and Houston Astros (84-67) meet Tuesday to continue a 3-game series. First pitch at Minute Maid Park is slated for 8:10 p.m. ET. Let’s analyze BetMGM Sportsbook’s lines around the Orioles vs. Astros odds and make our expert MLB picks and predictions for the best bets.
Season series: Tied 2-2
Baltimore took Monday’s series opener 8-7 and is 17-8 over its last 25 games. The Orioles have logged an aggregate .830 OPS while winning each of their last 3 games.
With Monday’s setback, Houston is just 7-9 this month. The Astros head into Tuesday’s action just 1 1/2 games ahead of the Seattle Mariners and Texas Rangers in the chase for the AL West flag.
Orioles at Astros projected starters
RHP Kyle Gibson vs. RHP Hunter Brown
Gibson (14-9, 4.98 ERA) makes his 31st start. He has notched a 1.32 WHIP, 2.6 BB/9 and 7.4 K/9 in 175 1/3 innings.
- Last start: Loss, 6 2/3 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 3 BB, 4 K in 1-0 home loss vs. St. Louis Cardinals Wednesday
- 2023 road stats: 8-4, 4.74 ERA in 100 2/3 IP across 17 starts
- Last 5 starts vs. Astros: 0-1, 1.74 ERA in 31 IP
Brown (11-11, 4.61 ERA) makes his 28th start. He has a 1.34 WHIP, 3.1 BB/9 and 10.4 K/9 in 146 1/3 IP across 28 games (27 starts).
- Last start: Win, 5 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 7 K in 6-2 home win vs. Oakland Athletics Wednesday
- 2023 home stats: 4-7, 5.60 ERA in 64 1/3 IP in 13 starts
- Has faced the Orioles as starter once before: Loss, 6 IP, 8 H, 5 R, 0 BB, 7 K on Aug. 10
Play our free daily Pick’em Challenge and win! Play now!
Orioles at Astros odds
Provided by BetMGM Sportsbook; access USA TODAY Sports Scores and Sports Betting Odds hub for a full list. Lines last updated at 1:19 p.m. ET.
- Moneyline: Orioles +125 (bet $100 to win $125) | Astros -155 (bet $155 to win $100)
- Run line (RL)/Against the spread (ATS): Orioles +1.5 (-155) | Astros -1.5 (+125)
- Over/Under (O/U): 9 (O: -115 | U: -105)
Orioles at Astros picks and predictions
Astros 4, Orioles 3
There is some fade in Baltimore’s season performance — its record as well as its overall batting and pitching lines. But so far in this series, the opposing team-and-pitching combination has not made for enough addition to spill that fade into a betting stance.
Run line/Against the spread
As Astros -1.5 play at +130 is the closest to value this game might get. But even that value falls below the threshold required for a wager. PASS.
The Over has cashed in 5 of the last 6 Baltimore-Houston games, and it was a wise — and correct — play in the series lid-lifter Monday.
But look for things to swing back the other way with this under-the-radar mound match-up. Both starters have been dinged by rates around the margins. Both offenses are swung around to lesser platoon numbers against right-handers.
BACK THE UNDER 9 (-105).
For more sports betting picks and tips, check out SportsbookWire.com and BetFTW.
Follow SportsbookWire on Twitter/X and like us on Facebook.
Additional MLB coverage:
BaseballHQ Fantasy Baseball