A pair of the league’s best scorers — Jayson Tatum (sixth, 30.1 points per game) and Damian Lillard (third, 32.3) — take the court when the Boston Celtics (48-22) visit the Portland Trail Blazers (31-38) on Friday, March 17, 2023 at 10:00 PM ET on ROOT Sports NW and NBCS-BOS.
The Celtics head into their game against the Trail Blazers as a 5-point favorite.
Celtics vs. Trail Blazers Betting Odds
Odds provided by Tipico Sportsbook; access USA TODAY Sports Scores and Sports Betting Odds hub for a full list.
- Spread: Boston -5
- Moneyline: Boston -205, Portland +170
Catch the excitement and bet with Tipico!
Double Down, Ohio! Deposit $200, Get $250. Bet now! In Colorado and New Jersey, claim your 100% Deposit Match up to $250 now! 21+, see Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions.
Celtics at Trail Blazers odds, spread, & more
- Pick ATS: Celtics (- 5)
Celtics 118 – Trail Blazers 112
- Boston has been victorious in 46, or 70.8%, of the 65 contests it has been chosen as favorites in this season.
- This season, Boston has come away with a win 29 times in 43 chances when named as a favorite of at least -205 or better on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies Boston has a 67.2% chance of walking away with the win.
- Portland has been the underdog on the moneyline 36 total times this season. Portland has finished 12-24 in those games.
- When it has played as a moneyline underdog with odds of +170 or longer, Portland has gone 5-12 (29.4%).
- The implied moneyline probablility in this matchup gives Portland a 37% chance to win.
Against the spread
- The Celtics put up 117.5 points per game, only 1.6 more points than the 115.9 the Trail Blazers allow.
- Boston has a 26-14-2 record against the spread and a 36-6 record overall when putting up more than 115.9 points.
- Portland is 22-12-1 against the spread and 22-13 overall when allowing fewer than 117.5 points.
- The Trail Blazers score only 2.2 more points per game (114.4) than the Celtics allow (112.2).
- Portland is 23-10 against the spread and 24-9 overall when it scores more than 112.2 points.
- Boston has an ATS record of 26-13-1 and a 32-8 record overall when its opponents score fewer than 114.4 points.
- The Celtics are the NBA’s fourth-ranked scoring team (117.5 PPG), while the Trail Blazers rank 19th in points per game allowed (115.9) in the league.
- Portland is the NBA’s 15th-ranked offense (114.4 PPG), while Boston is the eighth-ranked defense (112.2).
- The Celtics have totaled 373 more points than their opponents this season (5.3 per game on average), while the Trail Blazers have been out-scored by 103 total points (1.5 per game average differential).
PLAY: Free, daily sports pick’em contests and win prizes. Play now!
Bet legally online with a trusted partner: Tipico Sportsbook, our official sportsbook partner in CO, NJ and, soon, IA. Bet now!
How to watch Celtics vs. Trail Blazers
- Game Day: Friday, March 17, 2023
- Game Time: 10:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ROOT Sports NW and NBCS-BOS
- Location: Portland, Oregon
- Arena: Moda Center
- TV Channel: NBC Sports Networks
- Livestream: Watch on fuboTV!
- NBA League Pass: The most live games plus NBA TV. Free trial
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Follow SportsbookWire on Twitter and like us on Facebook.
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).