At Great American Ball Park on Sunday, the Milwaukee Brewers take on the Cincinnati Reds (three straight losses) at 1:40 PM ET.
The Reds (-115 on the moneyline) and the Brewers (-104) will play in an expected tight contest. The Cincinnati Reds will give the start to Ben Lively (3-2, 1.99 ERA), who is looking for win No. 4 on the season, and the Brewers will turn to Adrian Houser (1-1, 4.07 ERA).
Yesterday, the Brewers claimed a 10-8 victory over the Reds, with Colin Rea (5.0 IP, 3 R, 6 H, 5 K) registering the win for the Brewers. Blake Perkins went 2-for-4 with a home run and five RBI to lead the offensive showing. Graham Ashcraft (4.0 IP, 10 R, 9 H, 2 K) was credited with the loss for the Reds.
Here’s what you need to get ready for Sunday’s Reds vs. Brewers matchup, including viewing options.
Cincinnati Reds vs. Milwaukee Brewers Odds and Betting Lines
Major League Baseball odds courtesy of Tipico Sportsbook. Odds updated Saturday at 9:19 PM ET. For a full list of sports betting odds, access USA TODAY Sports Betting Scores Odds Hub.
- Favorite: Reds (-115, bet $115 to win $100)
- Underdog: Brewers (-104, bet $104 to win $100)
- Over/under: 10
Catch the excitement and bet with Tipico!
Double Down, Ohio! Deposit $200, Get $250. Bet now! In Colorado and New Jersey, claim your 100% Deposit Match up to $250 now! 21+, see Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions.
Reds Stats and Trends
Reds Betting Records
- The Reds have entered the game as favorites 12 times this season and won six, or 50%, of those games.
- Cincinnati has a record of 6-5 in games when bookmakers favor them by at least -115 on the moneyline.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Reds have a 53.5% chance to win.
- So far this season, Cincinnati and its opponents have hit the over in 33 of 58 games with a total.
- The Reds have an ATS record of 35-23-0 in 58 games with a spread this season.
Ben Lively (Reds Probable Starter)
- Lively (3-2 with a 1.99 ERA and 24 strikeouts in 22 2/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Reds, his fourth of the season.
- His most recent time out was on Tuesday against the Boston Red Sox, when the righty went 5 2/3 scoreless innings while giving up four hits.
- In five games this season, the 31-year-old has an ERA of 1.99, with 9.5 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .193 against him.
- Lively will look to prolong a four-game streak of lasting five or more innings (he’s averaging 4.4 innings per outing).
- The opposing Brewers offense has the 26th-ranked slugging percentage (.379) and is 10th in MLB play with 68 home runs. It has a collective .230 batting average, and is 27th in MLB with 436 total hits and 24th in MLB play scoring 236 runs.
Reds Batting Stats
- The Reds have hit just 45 homers this season, which ranks 28th in the league.
- The offense for Cincinnati has a slugging percentage of .390 this season, 20th in MLB.
- The Reds’ .254 batting average ranks 12th in the league this season.
- Cincinnati has scored the 13th-most runs in the majors this season with 270 (4.7 per game).
- The Reds have an on-base percentage of .333 this season, which ranks fourth in the league.
- Cincinnati ranks just 26th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 9.2 whiffs per contest.
Brewers Stats and Trends
Brewers Betting Records
- The Brewers have won in 14, or 51.9%, of the 27 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs this year.
- Milwaukee has a mark of 13-13 in contests where bookmakers favor it by -104 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Brewers have an implied victory probability of 51% according to the moneyline set by sportsbooks for this matchup.
- Milwaukee’s games have gone over the total in 25 of its 58 opportunities.
- The Brewers are 27-31-0 against the spread in their 58 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Adrian Houser (Brewers Probable Starter)
- Houser gets the start for the Brewers, his sixth of the season. He is 1-1 with a 4.07 ERA and 17 strikeouts through 24 1/3 innings pitched.
- His most recent time out came on Tuesday against the Toronto Blue Jays, when the right-hander went 4 1/3 innings, surrendering six earned runs while giving up 11 hits.
- During five games this season, the 30-year-old has put up a 4.07 ERA and 6.3 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of .314 to his opponents.
- Houser is looking to secure his second quality start of the season.
- Houser has put up two starts this season that he pitched five or more innings.
- He will face a Reds team that is batting .254 as a unit (12th in the MLB). They are also slugging a collective .390 (20th in the league) with 45 total home runs (28th in MLB action).
Brewers Batting Stats
- The Brewers are 10th in baseball with 68 home runs. They average 1.2 per game.
- This season, Milwaukee is slugging .379, the fifth-lowest percentage in baseball.
- The Brewers have the fifth-worst batting average in the majors (.230).
- Averaging 4.1 runs per game (236 total), Milwaukee is the 24th-highest scoring team in the majors.
- The Brewers rank 24th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .307.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Reds vs. Brewers: Live Streaming Info & Game Time
- Game Day: Sunday, June 4, 2023
- Game Time: 1:40 PM ET
- Stadium: Great American Ball Park
- TV Channel: MLB.tv
- Live Stream: Fubo (Watch Here!)
Gannett may earn revenue from sports betting operators for audience referrals to betting services. Sports betting operators have no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See operator site for Terms and Conditions. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, help is available. Call the National Council on Problem Gambling 24/7 at 1-800-GAMBLER. Must be 21 or older to gamble.