A development application has been lodged by Anthony John Group for a new commercial tower located at 1026 & 1068 Wynnum Rd, Cannon Hill within the East Village development.
Known as East Village stage 1A, the development has been designed by Blight Rayner and features seven levels of contemporary office spaces as well as extensive landscaping and end of trip facilities.
In total, the building will rise to nine storeys, which, according to the development application is generally consistent with the expectation for development in the Former CSIRO site sub-precinct.
The proposal has considered the nearby residential areas, with the development sufficiently separated to minimise any amenity impacts envisaged whilst providing an aesthetically pleasing, comfortable and liveable environment for the occupants and adjoining uses nearby.
Place Design Group
According to Place, the proposed development takes advantage of this surrounding infrastructure and existing established urban services, which it says can clearly accommodate the commercial mixed use development.
“The proposed 9-storey development is consistent with the anticipated density for the Cannon Hill area, which is expected to increase in light of the upcoming 2032 Olympic Games.”
Place Design Group
There are three levels of basement in the proposal which would accommodate 171 car spaces.
- Site Area: 5,572m²
- GFA: 10,264m²
- Height: 9 storeys (RL. 55.7)
- Elevators: x3 elevators
- Retail: 1,500m²
- Communal Space: 2,237m2 (94%) of total landscaping. A rooftop terrace is proposed on level 9
- Car Parking: 171 total car parking spaces
- Bike Parking: 72 bicycle spaces total with 52 staff & 20 visitor bicycle spaces
- Developer: Anthony John Group Pty Ltd
- Architect: Blight Rayner
- Landscape Design: Place Design Group
- Town Planner: Place Design Group
- Sustainability: The development promotes a high caliber of architecture on a prominent corner location along Wynnum Road capitalising on Brisbane’s sub-tropical climate and providing a strong response to Council’s New World City – Buildings that Breathe Guideline.
- Date Submitted: 14/09/2023
The proposal is located on the corner of Wynnum Road and Creek Road, which is strategically positioned opposite the Cannon Hill Shopping Centre.
The immediate area consists of a mix of centre activity uses supported by residential development and public transport networks including the Cannon Hill Bus Interchange, less than 400m to the site, the Cannon Hill Station approximately 750m away, and a newly established bus stop along the frontage of the subject site.
Development Application Link
Tell us what you think about this development below in the comment box. The development application for this project, available to view on Brisbane City Council’s Developmenti online platform is: