An Elite Eight battle features the No. 6 seed Creighton Bluejays (24-12) playing against the No. 5 seed San Diego State Aztecs (30-6) on Sunday at KFC Yum! Center. Tune in to this NCAA Tournament matchup, which starts at 2:20 PM on CBS.
The Bluejays are a slight 1.5-point favorite against the Aztecs. The game features an over/under of 133.
Creighton is 19-17-0 against the spread this season compared to San Diego State’s 18-16-1 ATS record. A total of 17 out of the Bluejays’ games this season have gone over the point total, and 14 of the Aztecs’ games have gone over. The two teams score an average of 148.9 points per game, 15.9 more points than this matchup’s total. In the past 10 contests, Creighton has a 7-3 record against the spread while going 7-3 overall. San Diego State has gone 7-3 against the spread and 9-1 overall in its last 10 matches.
Before watching this matchup, here’s what you need to know about Sunday’s college basketball action.
Creighton at San Diego State odds, spread and lines
Odds provided by Tipico Sportsbook; access USA TODAY Sports Scores and Sports Betting Odds hub for a full list.
- Spread: Creighton -1.5
- Total: 133
- Moneyline: Creighton -129, San Diego State +108
Let’s Make This Interesting – Place your legal sports bets online in New Jersey and Colorado with Tipico Sportsbook, a trusted, global sports-betting leader. Iowa, get ready, Tipico is coming to your state soon! New customer offer: Deposit $10 or more, get $100 in instant bet credits! 21+, see Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. Bet now!
Creighton vs. San Diego State prediction
San Diego State 71, Creighton 70
- Creighton has a 23-6 record in games when it was favored on the moneyline (winning 79.3% of those games).
- The Bluejays are 22-5 (winning 81.5% of their games) when playing as a moneyline favorite of -129 or shorter.
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, Creighton has an implied win probability of 56.3%.
- This season, San Diego State has won two out of the four games in which it has been the underdog.
- The Aztecs have entered four games this season as the underdog by +108 or more and is 2-2 in those contests.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 48.1% chance of a victory for San Diego State.
Against the spread
- Creighton has won 19 games against the spread this season, while failing to cover 17 times.
- San Diego State has covered 18 times in 35 chances against the spread this year.
- The Bluejays record 13.9 more points per game (77.0) than the Aztecs allow (63.1).
- When Creighton puts up more than 63.1 points, it is 14-10 against the spread and 18-8 overall.
- San Diego State has a 12-13-1 record against the spread and a 23-4 record overall when giving up fewer than 77.0 points.
- The Aztecs’ 71.9 points per game are only 3.2 more points than the 68.7 the Bluejays allow.
- When it scores more than 68.7 points, San Diego State is 11-8-1 against the spread and 19-2 overall.
- Creighton is 11-10 against the spread and 18-3 overall when it gives up fewer than 71.9 points.
PLAY: Free, daily sports pick’em contests and win prizes. Play now!
- The Bluejays’ average implied point total this season is 10 more points than their implied total in Sunday’s game (77 implied points on average compared to 67 implied points in this game).
- This season, Creighton has scored more than 67 points in 29 games.
- The Aztecs’ average implied point total on the season (73.4 points) is 7.4 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (66 points).
- This year, San Diego State has scored more than 66 points 25 times.
Bet legally online with a trusted partner: Tipico Sportsbook, our official sportsbook partner in CO, NJ and, soon, IA. Bet now!
If you’re looking for more sports betting picks and tips, access all of our content at SportsbookWire.com and BetFTW. Please gamble responsibly.
Follow SportsbookWire on Twitter and like us on Facebook.
Follow the latest college sports coverage at College Sports Wire.
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).