The Indiana Hoosiers (3-1) play the Louisville Cardinals (2-2) on Monday, November 20, 2023 at 4:30 PM ET. The matchup airs on ESPNU. In this preview, we analyze the Indiana vs. Louisville odds and lines for this matchup.
The Hoosiers are a 7-point favorite against the Cardinals when the Hoosiers and the Cardinals meet. The point total for the game is 145.5.
Indiana covered 16 times in 35 matchups with a spread last season. Louisville compiled a 13-19-0 ATS record last year.
Here is everything you need to get ready for Monday’s college basketball action.
Check out: USA TODAY Sports Coaches Poll
Indiana at Louisville odds, spread and lines
- Spread: Indiana -7
- Total: 145.5
- Moneyline: Indiana -294, Louisville +238
Indiana vs. Louisville prediction
Louisville 77, Indiana 70
- Indiana finished 19-6 in games it was favored on the moneyline last season (winning 76% of those games).
- The Hoosiers won all eight games they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -294 or shorter.
- Indiana has an implied moneyline win probability of 74.6% in this matchup.
- Last season, Louisville won three out of the 28 games, or 10.7%, in which it was the underdog.
- Last season, the Cardinals won two of their 24 games, or 8.3%, when they were an underdog by at least +238 on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win by Louisville, based on the moneyline, is 29.6%.
Against the spread
- Indiana covered 16 times in 35 games with a spread last season.
- Louisville won 13 games against the spread last year, while failing to cover 19 times.
- Last year, the Hoosiers averaged 74.7 points per game, just 1.1 fewer points than the 75.8 the Cardinals allowed.
- Indiana had a 10-4-1 record against the spread and a 14-2 record overall last season when putting up more than 75.8 points.
- Louisville went 4-6 against the spread and 3-7 overall last season when giving up fewer than 74.7 points.
- The Cardinals averaged only 4.8 fewer points per game last year (63.9) than the Hoosiers gave up to opponents (68.7).
- When it scored more than 68.7 points last season, Louisville went 7-1 against the spread and 2-6 overall.
- Indiana went 6-3 against the spread and 9-1 overall last season when it gave up fewer than 63.9 points.
- The Hoosiers scored a total of 212 more points than their opponents last year (an average of six per game), while the Cardinals were out-scored by opponents on average last year (by 379 total points, -11.9 per game).
- The Hoosiers had an average implied point total of 75.3 last season, which is 0.7 points lower than their implied total in Monday’s game (76).
- Last season, Indiana scored more than 76 points in 16 games.
- The 74.7-point average implied total last season for the Cardinals is 5.7 more points than the team’s 69-point implied total in this matchup.
- Louisville totaled more than 69 points in a game three times last year.