The No. 3 seed Kansas State Wildcats (24-9) head into their second round NCAA Tournament matchup against the No. 6 seed Kentucky Wildcats (22-11) on Sunday at 2:40 PM on CBS. Watch to see the winner move on to the Sweet 16 in the East Region bracket.
The Kentucky Wildcats are only a 1.5-point favorite against the Kansas State Wildcats when the Kentucky Wildcats and Kansas State Wildcats play in a game projected to be a hard-fought matchup. The game’s point total is set at 145.5.
Kentucky is 16-17-0 against the spread this season compared to Kansas State’s 22-11-0 ATS record. The Kentucky Wildcats have hit the over in 20 games, while Kansas State Wildcats games have gone over 17 times. The two teams average 150.1 points per game, 4.6 more points than this matchup’s total. Over the past 10 contests, Kentucky is 6-4 against the spread and 6-4 overall while Kansas State has gone 6-4 against the spread and 6-4 overall.
As college hoops play continues, prepare for the outing with everything you need to know before Sunday’s game.
Kentucky at Kansas State odds, spread and lines
Odds provided by Tipico Sportsbook; access USA TODAY Sports Scores and Sports Betting Odds hub for a full list.
- Spread: Kentucky -1.5
- Total: 145.5
- Moneyline: Kentucky -126, Kansas State +106
Let’s Make This Interesting – Place your legal sports bets online in New Jersey and Colorado with Tipico Sportsbook, a trusted, global sports-betting leader. Iowa, get ready, Tipico is coming to your state soon! New customer offer: Deposit $10 or more, get $100 in instant bet credits! 21+, see Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. Bet now!
Kentucky vs. Kansas State prediction
Kentucky 72, Kansas State 71
- Kentucky is 15-8 in games when it was favored on the moneyline (winning 65.2%).
- The Kentucky Wildcats are 15-8 (winning 65.2% of their games) when they have played as a moneyline favorite of -126 or shorter.
- The implied moneyline probability for this matchup gives Kentucky a 55.8% chance to win.
- This season, Kansas State has been the underdog 14 times and won five, or 35.7%, of those games.
- The Kansas State Wildcats are 5-7 this season when entering a game as the underdog by +106 or more on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win by Kansas State based on the moneyline is 48.5%.
Against the spread
- Kentucky has won 16 games against the spread this season, while failing to cover 17 times.
- Kansas State has covered 22 times in 33 matchups with a spread this season.
- The Kentucky Wildcats put up 5.7 more points per game (74.6) than the Kansas State Wildcats allow (68.9).
- When Kentucky puts up more than 68.9 points, it is 13-9 against the spread and 18-4 overall.
- Kansas State has a 15-5 record against the spread and an 18-2 record overall when allowing fewer than 74.6 points.
- The Kansas State Wildcats score an average of 75.5 points per game, 7.9 more points than the 67.6 the Kentucky Wildcats give up to opponents.
- Kansas State is 16-5 against the spread and 17-4 overall when it scores more than 67.6 points.
- Kentucky’s record is 14-10 against the spread and 20-4 overall when it allows fewer than 75.5 points.
PLAY: Free, daily sports pick’em contests and win prizes. Play now!
- The Kentucky Wildcats’ average implied point total this season is 2.1 more points than their implied total in Sunday’s game (76.1 implied points on average compared to 74 implied points in this game).
- So far this season, Kentucky has scored more than 74 points 15 times.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Kansas State Wildcats (73.9) is 1.9 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (72).
- On the season, Kansas State has totaled more than 72 points in a game 18 times.
Bet legally online with a trusted partner: Tipico Sportsbook, our official sportsbook partner in CO, NJ and, soon, IA. Bet now!
If you’re looking for more sports betting picks and tips, access all of our content at SportsbookWire.com and BetFTW. Please gamble responsibly.
Follow SportsbookWire on Twitter and like us on Facebook.
Follow the latest college sports coverage at College Sports Wire.
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).