The Florida International Panthers (1-4) hit the court against the Marshall Thundering Herd (1-2) on Monday, November 20, 2023 at 5:00 PM ET on FloHoops. In this preview, we dig into the Florida International vs. Marshall odds and lines ahead of this game.
The Panthers, who are favored by 2.5 points, are set to face the Thundering Herd. The over/under for the matchup is set at 155.5.
Florida International won 15 games against the spread last season, while failing to cover 15 times. Marshall covered 19 times in 31 chances against the spread last season.
As college hoops play continues, get ready for the outing with what you need to know before Monday’s game.
Check out: USA TODAY Sports Coaches Poll
Marshall at Florida International odds, spread and lines
- Spread: Florida International -2.5
- Total: 155.5
- Moneyline: Florida International -137, Marshall +115
Florida International vs. Marshall prediction
Marshall 76, Florida International 73
- Florida International has been listed as the moneyline favorite just two other times so far this season, and it split the two games.
- The Panthers have played as a moneyline favorite of -137 or shorter in just two games this season, which they split 1-1.
- The implied moneyline probability for this matchup gives Florida International a 57.8% chance to win.
- Last season, Marshall was the underdog three times and won two of those games.
- The Thundering Herd were not a bigger underdog last season than the +115 moneyline set for this game.
- The implied probability of a win by Marshall, based on the moneyline, is 46.5%.
Against the spread
- Florida International covered 15 times in 30 games with a spread last season.
- Marshall went 19-12-0 ATS last season.
- Last year, the Panthers put up 73.1 points per game, only 1.8 more points than the 71.3 the Thundering Herd allowed.
- When Florida International totaled more than 71.3 points last season, it went 10-7 against the spread and 10-8 overall.
- When Marshall gave up fewer than 73.1 points last season, it went 14-4 against the spread and 17-2 overall.
- The Thundering Herd’s 81.8 points per game last year were 6.7 more points than the 75.1 the Panthers allowed to opponents.
- Marshall went 16-6 against the spread and 20-3 overall when it scored more than 75.1 points last season.
- Florida International’s record was 13-9 against the spread and 12-12 overall when it allowed fewer than 81.8 points last season.
- The Panthers had a -65-point scoring differential last season (-2 per game). The Thundering Herd out-scored opponents by 335 points on the season (10.5 more per game).
- The average implied total for the Panthers last season was 77.2 points, 1.8 fewer points than their implied total of 79 points in Monday’s game.
- Last season, Florida International totaled more than 79 points in a game nine times.
- The average implied point total last season for the Thundering Herd (79.7) is 2.7 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (77).
- Marshall put up more than 77 points once last year.