Watch the No. 1 seed Alabama Crimson Tide (30-5) take on the No. 8 seed Maryland Terrapins (22-12) with a Sweet 16 spot in the South Region of the bracket up for grabs on Saturday at Legacy Arena at BJCC.
No line has been set yet for the Crimson Tide vs. Terrapins matchup.
Alabama has compiled a 20-15-0 record against the spread this season, while Maryland is 21-12-1. The Crimson Tide have a 16-19-0 record going over the point total, while games involving the Terrapins have a record of 11-22-1 when it comes to hitting the over. Over the last 10 games, Alabama is 4-6 against the spread and 8-2 overall while Maryland has gone 6-4 against the spread and 6-4 overall.
Get ready for this matchup with everything you need to know about Saturday’s college basketball action.
Let’s Make This Interesting – Place your legal sports bets online in New Jersey and Colorado with Tipico Sportsbook, a trusted, global sports-betting leader. Iowa, get ready, Tipico is coming to your state soon! New customer offer: Deposit $10 or more, get $100 in instant bet credits! 21+, see Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. Bet now!
Alabama vs. Maryland prediction
Alabama 75, Maryland 67
Against the spread
- Alabama has covered 20 times in 35 games with a spread this season.
- Maryland has put together a 21-12-1 record against the spread this season.
- The Crimson Tide record 19.4 more points per game (82.6) than the Terrapins give up (63.2).
- Alabama is 17-12 against the spread and 26-3 overall when scoring more than 63.2 points.
- Maryland is 19-10-1 against the spread and 20-10 overall when giving up fewer than 82.6 points.
- The Terrapins put up an average of 70.3 points per game, just 1.6 more points than the 68.7 the Crimson Tide allow.
- Maryland is 13-3-1 against the spread and 17-0 overall when it scores more than 68.7 points.
- Alabama’s record is 16-7 against the spread and 21-2 overall when it gives up fewer than 70.3 points.
PLAY: Free, daily sports pick’em contests and win prizes. Play now!
Players to watch
- Brandon Miller paces the Crimson Tide with 19.1 points per contest and 8.2 rebounds, while also averaging 2.1 assists.
- Noah Clowney puts up 10.1 points, 7.9 rebounds and 0.9 assists per game. Defensively, he puts up 0.5 steals and 1.0 block.
- Mark Sears averages 12.6 points, 3.3 rebounds and 2.6 assists per game. At the other end, he delivers 1.2 steals and 0.1 blocked shots.
- Julian Reese is No. 1 on the Terrapins in rebounding (7.3 per game), and posts 11.4 points and 1.0 assists. He also averages 0.8 steals and 1.2 blocked shots.
- Donta Scott gets the Terrapins 11.5 points, 6.0 rebounds and 1.6 assists per contest. He also posts 0.7 steals and 0.8 blocked shots.
Bet legally online with a trusted partner: Tipico Sportsbook, our official sportsbook partner in CO, NJ and, soon, IA. Bet now!
If you’re looking for more sports betting picks and tips, access all of our content at SportsbookWire.com and BetFTW. Please gamble responsibly.
Follow SportsbookWire on Twitter and like us on Facebook.
Follow the latest college sports coverage at College Sports Wire.
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).