The Houston Rockets (18-52) hope to continue a three-game home winning run when hosting the New Orleans Pelicans (33-37) on Sunday, March 19, 2023 at 7:00 PM ET.
The Pelicans head into their matchup against the Rockets as a 5.5-point favorite. The over/under for the game is 227.5.
Pelicans vs. Rockets Betting Odds
Odds provided by Tipico Sportsbook; access USA TODAY Sports Scores and Sports Betting Odds hub for a full list.
- Spread: New Orleans -5.5
- Total: 227.5
- Moneyline: New Orleans -220, Houston +185
Catch the excitement and bet with Tipico!
Double Down, Ohio! Deposit $200, Get $250. Bet now! In Colorado and New Jersey, claim your 100% Deposit Match up to $250 now! 21+, see Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions.
Pelicans at Rockets odds, spread, & more
- Pick ATS: Pelicans (- 5.5)
- Pick OU:
Pelicans 117 – Rockets 111
- New Orleans has been the favorite in 33 games this season and has come away with the win 20 times (60.6%) in those contests.
- This season, New Orleans has come away with a win 10 times in 13 chances when named as a favorite of at least -220 or better on the moneyline.
- New Orleans has an implied victory probability of 68.8% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Houston has won 24.2% of the games this season it was the underdog on the moneyline (16-50).
- Houston has a record of 11-40 in games it has played as a moneyline underdog with odds of +185 or longer (21.6%).
- Houston has an implied moneyline win probability of 35.1% in this contest.
Against the spread
- The 113.9 points per game the Pelicans put up are just 4.2 fewer points than the Rockets allow (118.1).
- New Orleans has a 19-6 record against the spread and a 20-5 record overall when scoring more than 118.1 points.
- When Houston gives up fewer than 113.9 points, it is 16-8-2 against the spread and 11-15 overall.
- The Rockets put up an average of 110.4 points per game, only 3.1 fewer points than the 113.5 the Pelicans give up.
- Houston has put together a 16-10-1 ATS record and a 13-14 overall record in games it scores more than 113.5 points.
- New Orleans has an ATS record of 21-8 and a 22-7 record overall when its opponents score fewer than 110.4 points.
- The Pelicans are at the 16th spot in the NBA’s scoring charts (113.9 PPG), while the Rockets allow the 27th-fewest points per game (118.1) in the league.
- Houston’s squad is currently the 29th-ranked scoring team in the NBA (110.4 PPG), while New Orleans’ team is 16th in points allowed per game (113.5).
- The Pelicans have totaled 28 more points than their opponents this season (0.4 per game on average), while the Rockets have been out-scored by 541 total points (7.7 per game average differential).
PLAY: Free, daily sports pick’em contests and win prizes. Play now!
- New Orleans has an average implied point total of 116.9 this year, which is 0.1 points lower than its implied total in Sunday’s game (117).
- So far this season, New Orleans has put up more than 117 points in 28 games.
- The average implied point total on the year for Houston (118.7) is 7.7 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (111).
Bet legally online with a trusted partner: Tipico Sportsbook, our official sportsbook partner in CO, NJ and, soon, IA. Bet now!
How to watch Pelicans vs. Rockets
- Game Day: Sunday, March 19, 2023
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: BSNO and SportsNet SW
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Arena: Toyota Center
- TV Channel: Bally Sports
- Livestream: Watch on fuboTV!
- NBA League Pass: The most live games plus NBA TV. Free trial
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Follow SportsbookWire on Twitter and like us on Facebook.
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).