The Oakland Golden Grizzlies (1-3) aim to break a three-game road losing streak when they visit the Loyola Marymount Lions (2-2) on Monday, November 20, 2023 at 11:00 AM ET. In this preview, we analyze the Loyola Marymount vs. Oakland odds and lines around this game.
The Lions head into their matchup against the Golden Grizzlies as a 5-point favorite. The over/under for the game is set at 148.
Loyola Marymount put together a 17-12-1 record against the spread last season. Oakland went 12-19-0 ATS last year.
Before this matchup, here is everything you need to get ready for Monday’s college basketball action.
Check out: USA TODAY Sports Coaches Poll
Oakland at Loyola Marymount odds, spread and lines
College basketball odds courtesy of BetMGM Sportsbook. Odds updated Monday at 5:11 AM ET. For a full list of sports betting odds, access USA TODAY Sports Betting Scores Odds Hub.
- Spread: Loyola Marymount -5
- Total: 148
- Moneyline: Loyola Marymount -206, Oakland +171
Loyola Marymount vs. Oakland prediction
Oakland 77, Loyola Marymount 75
- Loyola Marymount won 70.6% of the games last season in which it was favored on the moneyline (12-5).
- When playing as a moneyline favorite with odds of -206 or shorter, the Lions had a 9-2 record (winning 81.8% of their games).
- Based on this game’s moneyline, Loyola Marymount’s implied win probability is 67.3%.
- Oakland won four, or 20%, of the 20 games it played as underdogs last season.
- The Golden Grizzlies were 2-9 last season when entering a game as an underdog by +171 or more on the moneyline.
- Oakland has a 36.9% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
Against the spread
- Loyola Marymount went 17-12-1 ATS last season.
- Oakland put together a 12-19-0 record against the spread last year.
- Last year, the 75.3 points per game the Lions scored were just one fewer point than the Golden Grizzlies allowed (76.3).
- Loyola Marymount had an 8-4 record against the spread and a 12-2 record overall last season when scoring more than 76.3 points.
- Oakland had an 8-2 record against the spread and a 9-2 record overall last season when allowing fewer than 75.3 points.
- The Golden Grizzlies’ 73.3 points per game last year were just 0.2 more points than the 73.1 the Lions gave up.
- When it scored more than 73.1 points last season, Oakland went 7-6 against the spread and 10-4 overall.
- Loyola Marymount went 12-1 against the spread and 13-2 overall last season when it allowed fewer than 73.3 points.
- The Lions totaled a total of 70 more points than their opponents last year (an average of 2.2 per game), while the Golden Grizzlies were out-scored by opponents on average last year (by 95 total points, -3 per game).
- The average implied total for the Lions last season was 76.2 points, 0.8 fewer points than their implied total of 77 points in Monday’s game.
- Last year, Loyola Marymount outscored its implied point total for this matchup (77) 13 times.
- The 76.6-point average implied total last season for the Golden Grizzlies is 4.6 more points than the team’s 72-point implied total in this matchup.
- Oakland outscored its implied point total for this matchup (72) three times a season ago.