Watch as the No. 3 seed Xavier Musketeers (26-9) look to advance to the Sweet 16 round of the NCAA Tournament when they play the No. 11 seed Pittsburgh Panthers (24-11) on Sunday at 12:10 PM on CBS.
The Musketeers are a 5-point favorite against the Panthers when the Musketeers and the Panthers meet. The point total for the matchup is set at 152.5.
Xavier is 18-16-1 against the spread this season compared to Pittsburgh’s 24-11-0 ATS record. The Musketeers have a 21-13-1 record going over the point total, while games involving the Panthers have a record of 21-14-0 when it comes to hitting the over. The teams score an average of 156.3 points per game, 3.8 more points than this matchup’s total. Xavier is 5-5 against the spread and 7-3 overall over its past 10 contests, while Pittsburgh has gone 6-4 against the spread and 6-4 overall.
Before watching this matchup, here’s what you need to know about Sunday’s college basketball action.
Pittsburgh at Xavier odds, spread and lines
Odds provided by Tipico Sportsbook; access USA TODAY Sports Scores and Sports Betting Odds hub for a full list.
- Spread: Xavier -5
- Total: 152.5
- Moneyline: Xavier -210, Pittsburgh +175
Let’s Make This Interesting – Place your legal sports bets online in New Jersey and Colorado with Tipico Sportsbook, a trusted, global sports-betting leader. Iowa, get ready, Tipico is coming to your state soon! New customer offer: Deposit $10 or more, get $100 in instant bet credits! 21+, see Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. Bet now!
Xavier vs. Pittsburgh prediction
Xavier 77, Pittsburgh 73
- Xavier has gone 21-3 in games when it was favored on the moneyline (winning 87.5%).
- The Musketeers are 13-2 (winning 86.7% of their games) when playing as a moneyline favorite of -210 or shorter.
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, Xavier’s implied win probability is 67.7%.
- Pittsburgh has been underdogs in 17 games this season and won nine (52.9%) of those contests.
- The Panthers are 5-5 this season when entering a game as the underdog by +175 or more on the moneyline.
- Pittsburgh has a 36.4% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
Against the spread
- Xavier has covered 18 times in 35 games with a spread this season.
- Pittsburgh has compiled a 24-11-0 record against the spread this year.
- The Musketeers put up 11.8 more points per game (81.1) than the Panthers allow (69.3).
- When Xavier totals more than 69.3 points, it is 16-9-1 against the spread and 23-3 overall.
- Pittsburgh has a 19-8 record against the spread and a 19-8 record overall when allowing fewer than 81.1 points.
- The Panthers score an average of 75.2 points per game, only 1.3 more points than the 73.9 the Musketeers allow to opponents.
- When it scores more than 73.9 points, Pittsburgh is 15-4 against the spread and 15-4 overall.
- Xavier’s record is 8-9 against the spread and 12-5 overall when it gives up fewer than 75.2 points.
PLAY: Free, daily sports pick’em contests and win prizes. Play now!
- The Musketeers’ average implied point total this season is 1.1 more points than their implied total in Sunday’s game (80.1 implied points on average compared to 79 implied points in this game).
- So far this season, Xavier has totaled more than 79 points in a game 24 times.
- The Panthers’ average implied point total on the season (74.6 points) is 0.6 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (74 points).
- On the season, Pittsburgh has scored more than 74 points 20 times.
Bet legally online with a trusted partner: Tipico Sportsbook, our official sportsbook partner in CO, NJ and, soon, IA. Bet now!
If you’re looking for more sports betting picks and tips, access all of our content at SportsbookWire.com and BetFTW. Please gamble responsibly.
Follow SportsbookWire on Twitter and like us on Facebook.
Follow the latest college sports coverage at College Sports Wire.
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).