Watch the No. 4 seed UConn Huskies (26-8) and the No. 5 seed Saint Mary’s Gaels (27-7) square off in the NCAA Tournament with a trip to the Sweet 16 of the West Region bracket up for grabs on Sunday at MVP Arena, beginning at 6:10 PM.
The Huskies are a 3.5-point favorite against the Gaels when Huskies and Gaels square off. The matchup’s point total is set at 129.5.
UConn has a 21-12-0 record against the spread this season compared to Saint Mary’s (CA), who is 18-13-2 ATS. The Huskies have gone over the point total in 19 games, while Gaels games have gone over 16 times. The teams average 149.8 points per game, 20.3 more points than this matchup’s total. UConn is 8-2 against the spread and 8-2 overall in its last 10 games, while Saint Mary’s (CA) has gone 4-5-1 against the spread and 7-3 overall.
To prepare for this matchup, here’s what you need to prepare for Sunday’s college basketball action.
Saint Mary’s (CA) at UConn odds, spread and lines
Odds provided by Tipico Sportsbook; access USA TODAY Sports Scores and Sports Betting Odds hub for a full list.
- Spread: UConn -3.5
- Total: 129.5
- Moneyline: UConn -174, Saint Mary’s (CA) +147
Let’s Make This Interesting – Place your legal sports bets online in New Jersey and Colorado with Tipico Sportsbook, a trusted, global sports-betting leader. Iowa, get ready, Tipico is coming to your state soon! New customer offer: Deposit $10 or more, get $100 in instant bet credits! 21+, see Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. Bet now!
UConn vs. Saint Mary’s (CA) prediction
UConn 69, Saint Mary’s (CA) 68
- UConn has won 75.9% of its games this season when the moneyline favorite (22-7).
- The Huskies have a 20-5 record (winning 80% of their games) when they have played as a moneyline favorite of -174 or shorter.
- Based on this contest’s moneyline, UConn’s implied win probability is 63.5%.
- This season, Saint Mary’s (CA) has been the underdog four times and won one of those games.
- This season, the Gaels have been at least a +147 underdog on the moneyline two times, losing each of those contests.
- Saint Mary’s (CA) has a 40.5% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
Against the spread
- UConn has put together a 21-12-0 ATS record so far this year.
- Saint Mary’s (CA) is 18-13-2 ATS this year.
- The Huskies score 18.8 more points per game (78.7) than the Gaels give up (59.9).
- UConn has an 18-11 record against the spread and a 24-6 record overall when scoring more than 59.9 points.
- When Saint Mary’s (CA) gives up fewer than 78.7 points, it is 17-12-1 against the spread and 25-6 overall.
- The Gaels’ 71.1 points per game are 6.1 more points than the 65 the Huskies give up to opponents.
- Saint Mary’s (CA) is 15-7-1 against the spread and 22-2 overall when it scores more than 65 points.
- UConn’s record is 16-5 against the spread and 20-2 overall when it gives up fewer than 71.1 points.
PLAY: Free, daily sports pick’em contests and win prizes. Play now!
- The average implied total for the Huskies this season is 77 points, 10 more points than their implied total of 67 points in Sunday’s game.
- This season, UConn has totaled more than 67 points in a game 29 times.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Gaels (70.8) is 7.8 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (63).
- This year, Saint Mary’s (CA) has scored more than 63 points in a game 28 times.
Bet legally online with a trusted partner: Tipico Sportsbook, our official sportsbook partner in CO, NJ and, soon, IA. Bet now!
If you’re looking for more sports betting picks and tips, access all of our content at SportsbookWire.com and BetFTW. Please gamble responsibly.
Follow SportsbookWire on Twitter and like us on Facebook.
Follow the latest college sports coverage at College Sports Wire.
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).