Tune in for a Sweet 16 battle featuring the No. 1 seed Alabama Crimson Tide (31-5) and the No. 5 seed San Diego State Aztecs (29-6) on Friday at KFC Yum! Center. The NCAA Tournament contest starts at TBA.
The meeting between the Crimson Tide and the Aztecs currently does not have a line set.
Alabama’s record against the spread so far this season is 21-15-0, while San Diego State’s is 17-16-1. The Crimson Tide have hit the over in 16 games, while Aztecs games have gone over 14 times. In the last 10 games, Alabama has a 5-5 record against the spread while going 9-1 overall. San Diego State has gone 6-4 against the spread and 9-1 overall in its last 10 matches.
Here’s what you need to prepare for Friday’s college basketball action.
Let’s Make This Interesting – Place your legal sports bets online in New Jersey and Colorado with Tipico Sportsbook, a trusted, global sports-betting leader. Iowa, get ready, Tipico is coming to your state soon! New customer offer: Deposit $10 or more, get $100 in instant bet credits! 21+, see Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. Bet now!
Alabama vs. San Diego State prediction
Alabama 74, San Diego State 69
Against the spread
- Alabama has put together a 21-15-0 record against the spread this season.
- San Diego State has put together a 17-16-1 record against the spread this year.
- The Crimson Tide average 82.3 points per game, 19.2 more points than the 63.1 the Aztecs give up.
- Alabama is 17-12 against the spread and 26-3 overall when scoring more than 63.1 points.
- San Diego State is 13-14-1 against the spread and 24-5 overall when giving up fewer than 82.3 points.
- The Aztecs’ 71.9 points per game are just 3.7 more points than the 68.2 the Crimson Tide allow.
- When it scores more than 68.2 points, San Diego State is 11-8-1 against the spread and 19-2 overall.
- Alabama’s record is 16-7 against the spread and 21-2 overall when it gives up fewer than 71.9 points.
PLAY: Free, daily sports pick’em contests and win prizes. Play now!
Players to watch
- Brandon Miller paces his squad in both points (19.1) and rebounds (8.2) per contest, and also posts 2.0 assists. Defensively, he delivers 0.9 steals and 0.9 blocked shots.
- Noah Clowney posts 10.0 points, 7.9 rebounds and 0.9 assists per contest, shooting 49.4% from the field and 29.1% from downtown with 1.0 made 3-pointers per contest.
- Mark Sears posts 12.4 points, 3.4 rebounds and 2.6 assists per game. At the other end, he posts 1.2 steals and 0.1 blocked shots.
San Diego State
- Matt Bradley paces the Aztecs in scoring (13.0 points per game) and assists (2.1), and posts 3.9 rebounds. He also delivers 0.7 steals and 0.3 blocked shots.
- Lamont Butler is the Aztecs’ top assist man (3.3 per game), and he produces 8.6 points and 2.7 rebounds.
- Darrion Trammell gets the Aztecs 9.5 points, 2.2 rebounds and 3.2 assists per contest. He also posts 1.3 steals and 0.1 blocked shots.
Bet legally online with a trusted partner: Tipico Sportsbook, our official sportsbook partner in CO, NJ and, soon, IA. Bet now!
If you’re looking for more sports betting picks and tips, access all of our content at SportsbookWire.com and BetFTW. Please gamble responsibly.
Follow SportsbookWire on Twitter and like us on Facebook.
Follow the latest college sports coverage at College Sports Wire.
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).