At Tropicana Field on Thursday, the Tampa Bay Rays (36-15) play the Toronto Blue Jays (26-24), with first pitch at 1:10 PM ET.
The Rays are favored at home (-144) against the Blue Jays (+122). The Rays will give the ball to Zach Eflin (6-1) versus the Blue Jays and Alek Manoah (1-4).
Shane McClanahan (7.0 IP, 1 R, 4 H, 7 K) was credited with the win in the Rays’ 7-3 victory over the Blue Jays yesterday. Jose Siri led the way offensively, going 2-for-3 with a home run and two RBI. Yusei Kikuchi (5.0 IP, 5 R, 8 H, 5 K) took the loss for the Blue Jays.
Ahead of this Rays vs. Blue Jays matchup, here’s what you need to prepare for Thursday’s MLB action, including viewing options.
Tampa Bay Rays vs. Toronto Blue Jays Odds and Betting Lines
Major League Baseball odds courtesy of Tipico Sportsbook. Odds updated Thursday at 3:38 AM ET. For a full list of sports betting odds, access USA TODAY Sports Betting Scores Odds Hub.
- Favorite: Rays (-144, bet $144 to win $100)
- Underdog: Blue Jays (+122, bet $100 to win $122)
- Over/under: 8.5
Catch the excitement and bet with Tipico!
Double Down, Ohio! Deposit $200, Get $250. Bet now! In Colorado and New Jersey, claim your 100% Deposit Match up to $250 now! 21+, see Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions.
Rays Stats and Trends
Rays Betting Records
- This season, the Rays have won 32 out of the 44 games, or 72.7%, in which they’ve been favored.
- Tampa Bay is 27-5 this season when entering a game favored by -144 or more on the moneyline.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Rays have a 59% chance to win.
- Tampa Bay and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 30 of 51 opportunities.
- The Rays are 30-21-0 against the spread in their 51 chances this season.
Zach Eflin (Rays Probable Starter)
- The Rays will send Eflin (6-1) to the mound to make his ninth start of the season. He is 6-1 with a 3.45 ERA and 52 strikeouts in 47 2/3 innings pitched.
- The right-hander’s most recent appearance came on Saturday against the Milwaukee Brewers, when he tossed seven innings, surrendering three earned runs while allowing four hits.
- The 29-year-old has amassed a 3.45 ERA and 10.0 strikeouts per nine innings in eight games this season, while giving up a batting average of .237 to opposing hitters.
- Eflin is looking to record his fourth quality start of the year.
- Eflin will try to continue a nine-game streak of lasting five or more innings (he’s averaging 5.9 innings per appearance).
- The opposing Blue Jays offense has a collective .265 batting average, and is second in the league with 465 total hits and 10th in MLB action with 241 runs scored. It has the 12th-ranked slugging percentage (.421) and ranks 14th in home runs (57) in all of MLB.
Rays Batting Stats
- No team in MLB has hit more homers than the Rays, who have connected on 97 this season.
- Fueled by 196 extra-base hits, Tampa Bay leads MLB with a .501 slugging percentage this season.
- No team has a better batting average than the .271 AVG the Rays have posted this season.
- Tampa Bay has scored the second-most runs in the majors this season with 304.
- The Rays get on base at a .346 clip, best in the league.
- Tampa Bay ranks 13th with an average of 8.3 strikeouts per game.
Blue Jays Stats and Trends
Blue Jays Betting Records
- The Blue Jays have been victorious in eight, or 53.3%, of the 15 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- This season, Toronto has been victorious one time in three chances when named as an underdog of at least +122 or longer on the moneyline.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Blue Jays have a 45% chance of pulling out a win.
- Toronto and its opponents have hit the over in 25 of its 50 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Blue Jays have an against the spread record of 24-26-0 in 50 games with a line this season.
Alek Manoah (Blue Jays Probable Starter)
- Manoah (1-4 with a 5.15 ERA and 40 strikeouts in 50 2/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Blue Jays, his 11th of the season.
- The righty’s last appearance was on Saturday against the Baltimore Orioles, when he went 5 2/3 innings, surrendering two earned runs while allowing six hits.
- The 25-year-old has amassed an ERA of 5.15, with 7.1 strikeouts per nine innings in 10 games this season. Opponents are hitting .276 against him.
- Manoah heads into this outing with two quality starts under his belt this year.
- Manoah has pitched five or more innings in a game five times this year heading into this outing.
- He will face a Rays team that is hitting .271 as a unit (first in the MLB). They are also slugging a collective .501 (first in the league) with 97 total home runs (first in MLB play).
- Manoah has a 13.5 ERA and a 2.786 WHIP against the Rays this season in 4 2/3 innings pitched, allowing a .391 batting average over one appearance.
- The 25-year-old’s 5.15 ERA ranks 66th, 1.737 WHIP ranks 72nd, and 7.1 K/9 ranks 56th among qualifying pitchers this season.
Blue Jays Batting Stats
- The Blue Jays average 1.1 home runs per game to rank 14th in MLB action with 57 total home runs .
- So far this season, Toronto ranks 12th in baseball with a .421 slugging percentage.
- The Blue Jays have the third-best batting average in the league (.265).
- The offense for Toronto is No. 10 in the majors, scoring 4.8 runs per game (241 total runs).
- The Blue Jays’ .333 on-base percentage ranks fifth-best in MLB.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Rays vs. Blue Jays: Live Streaming Info & Game Time
- Game Day: Thursday, May 25, 2023
- Game Time: 1:10 PM ET
- Stadium: Tropicana Field
- TV Channel: MLB.tv
- Live Stream: Fubo (Watch for free)
Gannett may earn revenue from sports betting operators for audience referrals to betting services. Sports betting operators have no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See operator site for Terms and Conditions. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, help is available. Call the National Council on Problem Gambling 24/7 at 1-800-GAMBLER. Must be 21 or older to gamble.