A pair of hot teams square off when the UConn Huskies (4-0) visit the Texas Longhorns (4-0) on Monday, November 20, 2023 at 7:00 PM ET. The Huskies will put their four-game win streak on the line against the Longhorns, winners of four straight. Below, we investigate the UConn vs. Texas odds and lines for this matchup.
The Huskies hit the court as 5.5-point favorites against the Longhorns. The game features a point total of 143.5.
UConn put together a 27-12-0 record against the spread last season. Texas won 19 games against the spread last season, while failing to cover or pushing 19 times.
As college basketball play continues, get ready for the contest with everything you need to know about Monday’s game.
Check out: USA TODAY Sports Coaches Poll
UConn at Texas odds, spread and lines
- Spread: UConn -5.5
- Total: 143.5
- Moneyline: UConn -233, Texas +190
UConn vs. Texas prediction
UConn 77, Texas 72
- UConn won 29 of the 36 games it was listed as the moneyline favorite last season (80.6%).
- When playing as a moneyline favorite with odds of -233 or shorter, the Huskies had a record of 23-4 (85.2%).
- UConn has an implied moneyline win probability of 70.0% in this contest.
- Last season, Texas won two out of the seven games in which it was the underdog.
- The Longhorns played as an underdog of +190 or more once last season and won that game.
- Texas has a 34.5% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
Against the spread
- UConn put together a 27-12-0 ATS record last year.
- Texas won 19 games against the spread last season, while failing to cover or pushing 19 times.
- Last year, the 78.6 points per game the Huskies averaged were 10.8 more points than the Longhorns allowed (67.8).
- UConn had a 19-8 record against the spread and a 23-4 record overall last season when scoring more than 67.8 points.
- Texas had a 14-10 record against the spread and a 21-3 record overall last season when allowing fewer than 78.6 points.
- The Longhorns scored an average of 78 points per game last year, 13.9 more points than the 64.1 the Huskies allowed.
- Texas went 13-17 against the spread and 22-8 overall when it scored more than 64.1 points last season.
- UConn went 19-7 against the spread and 23-3 overall last season when it gave up fewer than 78 points.
- The Huskies totaled a total of 563 more points than their opponents last year (an average of 14.5 per game), and the Longhorns out-scored opponents by 385 points on the season (10.2 more per game).
- The Huskies had an average implied point total of 76.6 last season, which is 1.6 points higher than their implied total in Monday’s game (75).
- Last season, UConn scored more than 75 points in a game 22 times.
- The 75.6-point average implied total last season for the Longhorns is 6.6 more points than the team’s 69-point implied total in this matchup.
- Texas put up more than 69 points in all four games.